Monday, January 5, 2009

Curse of the Cuticle

Most women my age despise wearing pantyhose. I probably would also if I hadn't spent the last 3 1/2 years enforcing a dress code at my place of business in which pantyhose/tights must be worn with all skirts. For this reason, pantyhose don't bother me. In fact, I prefer wearing them. Is pantyhose plural? What's the singular? Pantyho? Anyway, I feel pantyhose, tights, and hosiery in general give off a professional vibe. They polish any look and provide leg warmth in the Ohio winter months. They are not so great in the summer but I still abide by the rule.

Here's where pantyhose and I differ. I can get 2, maybe 3 if I'm lucky, wears out of them before they get a run or a hole and must meet their final resting places. Such was the case today on a leg of my pantyho (one leg, singular, right?) that got a run mid-morning. My nails were trimmed save for a rogue cuticle, the culprit in this incident. I purchased this pair just last week in an effort to beef up my hosiery wardrobe. Why can't they make these out of a more durable material? I believe I would pay top dollar for a pair that might last even a whole year. Of course, I can only bring myself to commit to a $4.00 pair of Hanes Silk Reflections so who knows if I'd really pay top dollar for them. The more expensive pairs I bit the bullet on did last longer, though nothing close to a year. When will I learn, or be more careful?

In other news, I saw Marley & Me this weekend. Bring the kleenex. If you've read the book by John Grogan, which I had, you'll know what's coming. Knowing didn't help me one iota. Nor did it help the theatre full of sniffling adults. The movie is probably just as touching for those who are not dog owners but certainly to me, mother of Miss Sadie. It had funny parts and sweet parts too to compensate for the sad. Worth the price of a ticket, even though I did use a coupon!

I'd also like to report that so far my resolution/to do list for 2009 is progressing swimmingly. Create recipe binder: Check! Use crockpot more: Check! Do Wii Fit 4 times a week in addition to regular cardio: on my way to Check! More on resolutions later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!