Monday, November 7, 2011

Pumpkin Beer, Part III

Did you think I was done trying any and every pumpkin beer I could get my hands on? I guess you don't know me very well.







Wolaver's Pumpkin Ale: This is an organic beer from Vermont. Unfortunately, we drank them all and I can't find any tasting notes online. Sad. However, this was probably my least favorite of all the beers I tried. The pumpkin flavor was too subtle for me. Pass on this next time.






Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale: I liked this one a lot. It was a bit pricier than the others but still worth it. From the bottle: "This 8.0% ABV pumpkin ale is the mother of all pumpkin ales. It is heartier, spicier, and more “caramelly” and “pumpkiny” than its faint brethren! We have added lots of pumpkin along with Cinnamon, Nutmeg and a touch of cardamom and clove giving this beer a spicy, full-bodied flavor. This truly is an Imperial Pumpkin Ale." The higher alcohol content means you should probably only have one lest you do something regrettable.






O'Fallon Pumpkin Beer: I saved the very best for last. This was my absolute favorite out of all of them I've tried this year. It was the best pumpkin taste hands down. From the bottle: "We added 136 pounds of real pumpkin to the three-barley mash and then season the finished beer with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves." I found this at Kroger, of all places. I discovered O'Fallon earlier this year with their summer wheat and I loved it. They have a Chocolate Cherry beer coming out soon that I also can't wait to try. But for now, this pumpkin beer is the Grand Champion!




Stay tuned for all those delicious, stomach-warming winter beers to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!