Sunday, November 13, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #45

Another pumpkinny week here in Ohio! Still not sick of the stuff. I also discovered a new to me local coffee shop that had an awesome pumpkin latte. Pays to try new places and support your local establishments!

Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts: I woke up Sunday morning and wanted doughnuts. Luckily, I have a doughnut pan and can make that happen. I had all ingredients on hand for these except the Pumpkin Pie Spice. How did I run out of that without replacing it? I subbed in some other spices and it was just fine. These were moist and tasty. I cut the recipe in half and got 12 mini's and 1 regular sized doughnut. I skipped the chocolate glaze in the interest of calories and because I knew it wasn't necessary. These are a keeper for sure! I cooked them with my laptop on the counter. Guess it's time to print out the recipe for my binder.

Pumpkin Lasagna: I'm auditioning new lasagna recipes. I don't really like the simple one I am currently using. This is from Robert Irvine on the Food Network website. Being a pumpkin lasagna, this will not be my go-to recipe as it's relatively seasonal. However, the pumpkin was not overpowering and worked well with the surprise ingredient, zucchini! My sous chef and I used turkey sausage to cut calories and left out the romano cheese. This pan must have weighed 5 lbs when I put it in the oven. It was very filling and tasty. It's a keeper for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley -- BH&G magazine has a recipe for Pumkin Mac & Chees and it is FANTASTIC. I will be making it for the family dinner. Are you going to be around?

    Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!