Sunday, November 6, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #44

This week I'm crockin' it up again. When the temperatures drop lower and lower there's only one thing to do, turn on the crock pot!

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff: Beef stroganoff is not my favorite meal. It's even in my top 10 favorite meals but I came across this recipe in my Betty Crocker Crockpot Cookbook (say that 5 times fast) and it sounded good. John is a fan so we gave it a shot. Crockin' on Sunday is my new favorite thing to do because the meals usually yield 3 dinners for us. I totally goofed when putting this together. The sour cream isn't supposed to be stirred in until after it's cooked 8 hours, along with the cream cheese. I wasn't paying attention and poured the sour cream in with the soups and seasonings at the beginning. I realized my mistake about 2 minutes later and was beside myself. It turned out okay in the end, luckily. Also, it calls for condensed Cream of Onion soup. Supposedly, Campbell's makes this but I couldn't find it in 3 stores. I used an onion soup packet and a little milkas a substitute. This one is a keeper for sure!

P.S. Only 8 more weeks of new recipes to try! I can't believe I almost made it to the end of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!