Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Destination: Raleigh, NC

This past week, John and I loaded up the car and headed down the road 9 hours to Raleigh, North Carolina. My sister, bro-in-law and nephew moved there in February but we had yet to visit them. Thanksgiving gave us the perfect opportunity to do so! The drive wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, luckily. We only stopped once. Yes, that is quite impressive, especially if you knew how small my bladder is.

I passed the time with this.



And feeling sorry for Sadie in the backseat. She was feeling sorry for herself too. The only reason we made it with only one stop is because she wasn't sitting on me, her preferred car ride location. The humans were happy. The canine was not. But, she trooped through.


Look at those sad eyes

We had 3 days to sight see on our own while our hosts were at work. We spent a couple hours walking around Chapel Hill and near the UNC campus. Had lunch at the Carolina Brewing Co. and sampled some of their local beer. The seasonal was called Santa's Secret and it was delicious!



The weather was quite pleasant and the leaves were falling all around the campus. I also happened across this cute sign outside a book shop.




More on Tourist Day Two another day.......




No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!