Sunday, November 4, 2012

Recipe Reblog: Meatloaf

I have been on the hunt for a new meatloaf recipe. When I was younger, I proclaimed that I didn't want anything in my loaf but meat. No carrots, peppers, celery, what have you. No, sir. Now that I am a wise 29 year old, I know better.

Meatloaf: This is a Paula Deen recipe with nary a stitch of butter in the mix. It does, however, have peppers, onions, and diced tomatoes. The binder is oatmeal instead of bread crumbs which I had never done before but I liked the texture it gave. While I liked the taste here, the diced tomatoes and their liquid made the loaf pretty squishy, even when fully cooked. Next time, I would drain some of that juice and it might help it set up better. I think I can find a better recipe than this. Sorry, Paula. I'll keep looking.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!