Monday, July 27, 2009

Best Friends Forever

I selected Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner from the Express shelf against my better judgment. I had read some decent reviews but I checked it out knowing full well that I'm not a very big fan of Jennifer Weiner's. I just feel, in previous books, her characters are too one dimensional, the stories are predictable and that I don't really relate. Like I said, against my better judgment. BFF is the story of Addie Downs and Valerie Adler, high school friends who have drifted apart and are brought abruptly back together when Valerie runs over some guy at their high school reunion. She seeks out Addie's help and they go on the lam. (I just like saying on the lam.) Addie used to be fat and then she lost weight. Valerie used to be trashy and now she's a meteorologist. They pick up where things left off despite a friendship threatening incident from high school. Yea, BFF!! This one just wasn't for me. Sorry. If you've read and liked Weiner before, you'll probably like this one.

P.S. One vote on my background poll? I'm a sad blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!