Friday, July 3, 2009

Meet Andi

Today, (day one of stay-cation) John and I went to the outlets. I had a need for new work tops, a dress for wedding, and new running shoes. I didn't do so well in those areas but I did bring home the newest member of my purse family. This is Andover, by kate spade. I'm calling her Andi for short! She is emerald. Her interior is chocolate. Because my yellow bag is so elusive, Andi is stepping in. Search for yellow bag has been suspended with Andi's arrival. She's petite but fits over my shoulder and ultimately won out over a blue Coach bucket and a pumpkin (love!) boxy handbag, also by kate, for her color, price, and shoulder wear-ability. I hope she will be very happy. Kudos to my husband who scored big bonus points for encouraging the purchase of said bag and stood with me for about 20 minutes while I put on each bag, held them up side by side, and so on. He's a keeper!

Did I not tell you about my stay-cation? I have been jonesin' for a vacation BIG TIME. That's no secret. But, for many reasons, we cannot book a vacation at this juncture so since we had today off (yes!) I'm calling this weekend a stay-cation. This involves not going anywhere more than 45 minutes away and spending lots of money. Both of which I accomplished today. After Andi, I did end up getting my new running shoes, though not at the outlets. They are by Brooks. I've never had Brooks but lots of runners swear by them. I have a hard time investing in running shoes for some reason. I wear them a lot but I never think they should cost more than $50. And really, with my feet, they are the one piece of footwear that I should be investing in. Oh well, someday I'll learn.

I'm hoping my Brooks will give me a good time as I cross the finish line of my very first 5K. I am nervous and excited. Since it's my first race, I have set a VERY attainable goal of 35 minutes. I'm hoping to come in a couple minutes under that but John and I drove the course today and it's hilly. Oops. We don't train hills. This might be a problem but I'll just do my best and know that about 3 years ago I couldn't run more than a minute without stopping. Progress.

Have a happy 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!