Monday, June 20, 2011

6 Week Six-Pack

Do you have Time Warner Cable and get the Exercise On Demand channel (426 in Ohio)? If so, and you're looking for a good ab and really all muscle groups, you must give this a try.



It's Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack. If you don't have On Demand, you can also buy it here for $10. If you have never seen The Biggest Loser, Jillian is one of the trainers on there and also brings her workouts to the home viewer on TV and DVD. I'm no stranger to her by any means. I think I've tried all of them: 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, Yoga, one with a kettlebell. Though her "motivation" can sometimes be annoying, I always feel like I worked hard afterwards which is key for me when doing strength. Any time I have ever lifted weights at the gym, I always left feeling like I should have done more. I can honestly say, that Level 2 of this workout is the first time I've ever wanted to throw up after strength. Don't worry, I didn't.


Admittedly, my abs are not my trouble area (that would be my thighs) but, I am nowhere close to a 6 pack so I figure I've got some work to do. Jillian explains that working all muscles and throwing a little cardio in there also all harkens back to having a strong core. This comes with two different 30 minute workouts, Level 1 and Level 2. I really like both of them and even got John to do them with me the other day (he loathes strength).


If you're looking to mix it up in the circuit workouts, give this one a try.


In other news, I'm REALLY trying not to weigh myself until July 1st. I didn't make John hide the scale this time. I'm just working on my will power. I'm also back to food journaling with the Lose It app on my iphone. I fell off the journaling wagon for a bit there and didn't like the scale's repercussions. But, I know if I start weighing right away I'll only get discouraged. Here's something shameful. The other day I forgot to bring my banana to work. Instead, I ate 3 pieces of hard candy (mmm butterscotch) because it had the same amount of calories. Terrible, just terrible. This is like on Fridays when I skip the milk I normally drink with dinner so I can have an extra glass of wine. Yes, I'm aware that I'm depriving myself of necessary nutrients by doing this however, if you stay within your calorie range Lose It doesn't move the bar over to the scary red area and stays within the happy green line. Lose It doesn't seem to care about the added sugar consumption so I guess, for now, I don't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!