Monday, June 27, 2011

Dress - take two

I love wearing dresses in the summer. Well, I like dresses all year but in the summer, I don't have to pull on tights to stay warm. This is the second time I've used Little Red Roost's tutorial. I forgot how simple this was to sew up. The most difficult part is attaching the skirt to the tank top with the elastic already within its casing. I had to go back and re-stitch a wonky seam.



Nice full body shot, photographer.



This yellow tank top is OLD! But, it was still in good shape and because of the shoulder width, I don't have to wear a strapless bra with it. A win everyday in my book.

At the risk of this fabric being slightly Prairie Home Companion, I used it for the skirt anyway.




I've had it in my stash for years. No joke. I know it came from Joann's and I love a good paisley but I also know that sometimes the longer fabric stays in my stash, the less enamored with it I become. Does this happen to you, fellow fabric hoarders? When I go shopping, everything I purchase is immediately labeled "MUST OWN." And then as months and years go by the fabric remains unsewn and I'm wishing for the receipt so that I might return it. Anyway, I hope I'll be happy wearing this. I even upgraded the original apptern slightly and added pockets! This was super simple and can be done even after the side seams of the skirt are sewn. You have no idea how happy these pockets make m. A spot for my cell phone and credit card, two things most needed in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!