Monday, June 13, 2011

For the first time in many, many years, John and I don't have a single graduation party to attend. Yea hooray! And also, boo hiss! I'm pretty stoked about not having to fork over my hard-earned cash to someone who may or may not be savvy enough to save it to spend on things for school or their dorm room. However, I love a good graduation party because that = PLENTY of food. And also CAKE! My fave.

The other day, John posed the following question: Would I give up my pinky finger if it meant that I could eat frosting for the rest of my life with no caloric repercussions? I had some follow up questions for him. Left or right pinky? Left. Down to the hand or is there a stump? Stump, but I think I'd prefer no stump. And so, I said yes, I would give up my left pinky finger for guilt-free frosting. Don't judge. You don't know how much I love frosting. I digress.

No graduation presents also = no graduation party food and subsequently, no cake. We were driving through our neighborhood the other day noticing many balloons tied to mail boxes were calling to party guests. We may or may not have had a serious conversation about how to successfully crash a grad party. In a moment of greediness, I thought we could snatch a couple pieces of fried chicken in addition to cake before exiting unscathed. John told me to keep my eyes on the prize. I'll let you know if we do end up executing some sort of grad party crashing plan. Sure to be a good time! Or, if you rather invite me over for cake, well then I can write about that too.

1 comment:

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!