Sunday, June 12, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #23

I am always looking for new recipes in which to use ground turkey. While I like ground beef and only purchase the 96/4 kind (yes, it's dry), it's just not as healthy for you as ground turkey. I read a statistic the other day that people who consume less than 18 ounces of ground beef a week drastically reduce their chances of contracting cancer in the future. Yea, I fit that bill! Anyway, I typically use beef and turkey interchangeably in tacos, pasta dishes, etc. So, thank you to Rachael Ray for this recipe in her most recent issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray. It uses turkey from the get go.

Cincinnati Sloppy Sliders: Can you believe that since I moved to Dayton, in very close proximity to Cincinnati, that I have yet to consume any Cincinnati chili? Neither can I. I ate more when I lived near Cleveland. Go figure. Sloppy Joes had been on John's ban list for awhile. I'm still not sure why but I wasn't allowed to make them......until now. These were delicious! I even cut the recipe in half and it still made a ton. I just used regular sized buns because I didn't feel like buying slider buns. These Joes had beans and a lot of seasonings to make them a bit fancier than Manwich. Give these a shot! Just know going in that you were be using your pantry on this one. Also, I left out the chili pepper because I forgot to put it on the grocery list. I didn't miss it.

Also last week I tried a new cookie recipe while in Texas that I can't find the recipe for online. It was a Pillsbury recipe for Cranberry cookies. They were dry and not very good so I suppose it doesn't matter if I can't link to it. I'm not a proponent of you making them, even if my sister and I did polish off 18 of them in approx. 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!