Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TV Time

Slowly but surely we are replacing some of our not so nice pieces of furniture that have run their course with newer items that are more grown up. For months I've been searching for a new TV console. I wanted something taller and thinner with a closed back. There's nothing worse than seeing a whole bunch of cables behind the cable box. Am I right? Well, I looked high and low. I think I have a distorted idea of how much furniture should cost. OK, I know I have a distorted idea of pricing, let's be honest. My previous TV stand was from Target and probably cost me $100. It was purchased many years and homes ago so I really can't remember. It looks like this.
Sorry about the flash.







After all that searching I didn't exactly end up with real wood like I wanted. But, this piece from Kohls.com of all places had the look and style I was going for. Also, I don't think you would necessarily think it was MDF. At least I hope you wouldn't. It was as heavy as real wood, that's for dang sure.






Don't mind the bald guy on the screen. Just a little DVR catch up on Next Food Network Star. The lamp on the right is not a permanent fixture. I'm trying to decide what kind of lighting to put there. Likely another floor lamp in a different style or at least a more interesting shade. Also, you can't see it but the walls above the TV lead up to a vaulted ceiling. I can't decide what to put up there. A painting? Ledge shelves with stuff on them? Big clock? Tough choices. Oh, and that's a candle on the bottom shelf, for lack of a better decor item on quick timing. It's also not permanent.

Anyway......we're getting there. And, that old stand now holds the XBox in the basement which was previously held by a desk that will now go in my new sewing room. YEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!