Sunday, June 19, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #24

Almost made it halfway through the year already. That seems crazy! Can you believe nearly half of 2011 is in the books? Me neither.

Warm Macaroni and Mozzarella Salad: While I was in Texas, my sister and I were watching the Food Network. This is only interesting because she hates the Food Network and I love it. How can two people so similar feel so strongly about something like TV? Anyhoo, good old Paula Deen made this pasta salad and it doesn't have a stitch of butter in it. It accompanied steaks on our grill this past week and it was delicious! It was a nice alternative to regular mayo mac salad. I loved that it was warm and the dressing was flavorful. I even got to use fresh basil from the garden. Extra Bonus, I had all the ingredients on hand so you can likely put this together from your pantry. Give this a shot if you're looking for a fancier side salad that comes together in a flash!





Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there including my own, and John, who is just a dog father but a dog father nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!