Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #22

Over the holiday weekend I did just what I wanted to do in the kitchen, make a whole bunch of sides and just grill meat for each meal. Mostly I made the sides that I know and love but my new recipe for the week was a new side.

Wagon Wheel Taco Pasta Salad: I love a good pasta salad. I love a good taco salad. Why not put the two together? This is from Christine's Cuisine but there are many different variations out there. I liked it a lot but next time I will stick to the recipe. I didn't feel like buying avocado or fresh tomato so I just left them out. I think they'd really help punch things up. Fair warning, this makes a TON of food. It would be good to take to a potluck. As it stands, it will feed the two of us as a side for 6+ meals.

P.S. Anonymous commenter on last week's recipe post........if your skillet's handle is not oven safe (squishy covering or something) you'd want to wrap it in foil to protect it. I learned this on Food Network at some point. I'm pretty sure my Calphalon handles would be fine but I don't want to risk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!