Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Zumba - 80's Style

Guys! I totally forgot to tell you about my rad 80's zumba party. I was a guest instructor for this shindig. It was way fun. My outfit was even more fun! I really wanted to Jane Fonda it up and wear a leotard over tights. I had a black leotard (from when I wanted to become an adult ballerina -- that dream didn't work out) and I found these hot pink tights in the Target clearance section for $1.25. When I put the leotard on over the tights though, I felt VERY exposed. Too risque for me! Instead, I added some gym shorts and a knotted white t-shirt.













I made these leg warmers by cutting the toes of a pair of knee high socks, also from the Target clearance bin in the hosiery department. Looking hot, right?










I found these gigantic green plastic diamond earrings at a scary accessory store at the mall. They were a dollar. I was a little concerned they might give me tetanus but, in the interest of the theme, I wore them anyway. And I made those fishnet gloves out of fishnet socks. Why Target had so many of those leftover I'll never know. 62 cents!











I borrowed the crimping iron from a friend and also rocked the high ponytail. We had an awesome time! I wish everyday was an 80's day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!