Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pumpkin Beers......again

I think it's clear by now I'm a woman on a mission. Two more pumpkin libations this week.



I've never tried any of Dogfish Head's regular beer but I've had my eye on their Punkin Ale since last year. That was a time when I though $8.99 was too much to spend on a 4 pack. My how things have changed.

From the website: A full-bodied brown ale with smooth hints of pumpkin and brown sugar. We brew our Punkin Ale with pumpkin meat, organic brown sugar and spices. As the season cools, this is the perfect beer to warm up with.

This was a winner! The flavor profile was more spice than pumpkin but I still really enjoyed it. It was closer to the top of the pack. Give it a try if you can find it. Sells out fast!





I am a big fan of hard ciders of the apple variety. There's something so crisp and refreshing about a good cider that I just can't turn it down. We had already purchased our weekly beers when we spotted this Pumpkin Cider. One knowing glance meant that we didn't care if we overbought. It was $9.99 for the six and hails from Ace Ciders out of California. I've never tried anything by them before but they have a number of various fruit ciders for sale.

This has an amazingly pure pumpkin flavor and is filled with effervescence. Can you see the bubbles in my picture? Lower in calorie than beer too! And gluten free, if that's your kind of thing. We've been nursing these along because they're so darn tasty. If you can find this one, and I've only seen it in one place, snap it up! You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!