Sunday, September 16, 2012

Recipe Reblog

I have a particularly fall-ish recipe for you today. Read on!

Chicken, Sweet Potato and Apple Skillet: This recipe comes from the Fall 2012 Penzey's Spice catalogue. If you've never been to a Penzey's, you are missing out! They have the most amazing spices and seasonings and mixtures in their store. I know, it's just spices, right? BUT - it's so much more than that. We got some for Christmas and have really been enjoying using them to jazz up our cooking. Anyway......sweet potatoes? Apples? Does it get any more autumn than that? I skipped the bacon for health reasons but I'm sure that would knock this one out of the park. I didn't miss it though. And, don't be scared of those brussel sprouts. I don't really like them but thought they were GREAT in this dish. They soak up all the other flavors nicely. If you don't have their fancy spice combinations, their website tells you what is in each one and you could likely come up with a similar flavor profile just from your cabinet. Give this one a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!