Sunday, September 2, 2012

Recipe Reblog

Oh boy, have I got something gooooood for you today!

Skinny Basil Pesto: I love pesto but pine nuts are so expensive that it's really a deterrent to my making it more often. This lightened version of pesto uses no nuts and I don't think it suffered whatsoever. Truthfully, I did use more oil than she recommends but mostly because I was using a blender and not a food processor. The basil flavor here is so fresh (I used basil from my garden!) and really plays the starring role. Only a few ingredients and I had them all on hand. Basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, EVOO, salt and pepper. Please give this a shot. MUCH tastier than the jarred stuff and healthier too!

Now take the pesto, your favorite dough (storebought or homemade), fresh peaches and mozzarella and make a......

Yes - this pic is crappy

Peach Pesto Pizza!

John was really skeptical of this one but I prevailed. You're welcome, John! I had an event to go to while he ate and when I came home he said, "You're lucky I didn't eat that whole pizza." Ah-MAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!