Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Beer of the Pumpkin Variety

It's hard to come up with a post title other than "Pumpkin Beer" when you're writing about them so frequently.
Terrible shot - my apologies. We drank them all before I could remember to photograph!

Rivertown Pumpkin Ale: Rivertown Brewing Co. is a local, Cincinnati establishment but this is the first of theirs I've tried. Holy pumpkin, Batman! This is a winner. I have discovered I prefer the pumpkin-forward beers and get the spice on the back end. This one delivers that. $9.50 for a 6-pack.

From the site: "OUR PUMPKIN ALE IS A SPICE INFUSED ALE, USING DARK SUGARS, REAL PUMPKIN, AND FRESH GROUND SPICES. THIS IS HOW WE DO PUMPKIN PIE! BEST SERVED AT 55ºF IN A WIDE PUB GLASS. 5% ABV"


Sorry just one this week. I have others that I need to edit the pics from. Some winners, some losers, some local, some un-pumpkin.

More next week!

1 comment:

  1. Found one from a company called Weyerbach. Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Will let you know how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!