Sunday, October 14, 2012

Recipe Reblog: Apple Butter

A quintessential autumn recipe for you this fine, Sunday morning.

Slow Cooker Apple Butter: I have made apple butter in the crock pot before but this was a new-to-me recipe. John LOVES apple butter. He eats it with a spoon, from the jar, no food vessel as transportation. As you can imagine, he was pretty stoked when I said I would be cooking this up. I cut the recipe in half and it fit perfectly in my 4 quart cooker. Another reason I cut the recipe in half is because I also can't bring myself to put 2 full cups of sugar in any recipe I make. By cutting it in half, you only use 1 cup of sugar. Yes, I realize the ratio is the same but it makes me feel better. Anyway........in the 8+ hours this simmered in my kitchen, the entire house smelled amazing. I had all the ingredients on hand except the apples but since it's apple pickin' season, that was not a problem. One thing I screwed up -- the vanilla gets stirred in at the end but I didn't read thoroughly and put it in at the beginning. I don't think it made a lick of difference. Cook this up for you and your family. They will thank you!


And yes, today is RACE DAY! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!