Sunday, February 17, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken

I'm always looking for a cook crock pot meal, aren't you? Nothing better than coming home from work with dinner ready and waiting.

Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken: I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a go. I had most of the ingredients on hand except for the apple juice (my least favorite of all juices.....except maybe grapefruit). The recipe reminded me of my dad's love for bourbon chicken at the mall food court. Looking back, I had a lot of meals at that food court in the most ghetto mall. It wasn't ghetto then though. I digress. This came together quickly and while I liked it, I think it could have used a little something extra. You can use chili garlic sauce in lieu of ketchup and I think next time, I might try that. John liked it a lot so into the recipe binder it went. If you like sweeter, saucy chicken meals, give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!