Sunday, February 3, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Pasta with Sausage and Kale

A pasta dish for you today!

Pasta with Sausage and Kale: This was also from Men's Health's section on kale just like those kale chips I wrote about a couple weeks ago. The original recipe calls for orecchiette but that doesn't come in whole wheat. We used penne. I can't remember if the original recipe uses regular sausage or not but we used turkey. If you've never tried turkey sausage, give it a try. It still has lots of sausage flavor but without as much fat and calories. Anyway......back to this dish. Sous chef became executive chef on this one because I was on the treadmill but John said it came together pretty easily. The aromas from the kitchen wafted to the basement and I wanted to cut my run short and EAT, but I didn't. Because of all the kale and sausage, it fed us for 3 nights. The lemon really brightened this up and paired well with the other flavors. For a twist on your normal pasta dinners, give this one a try!

P.S. We survived January! Yea hooray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!