Sunday, February 24, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins

Sundays are breakfast days around here. Are they for you too? Usually John makes pancakes or waffles or, by request, egg sandwiches. He is the Breakfast Man. When we're out of syrup, I step in to pinch hit.

Whole Wheat Banana Nut Muffins: We had a handful of bananas that were past the point of no return so I pulled up this recipe from Baking Bites and went to town. No white sugar, no white flour. Sounds dense but a healthy winner to me! These were very tasty and not as dense as I thought they'd be. Only half of them got walnuts because John doesn't like nuts in baked goods. What is that about? If you're looking for a lightened up muffin, give these a try. Oh! You know what else would be good in them? Chocolate chips! But, I suppose that defeats the purpose of the health factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!