Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Stitch Fix #5

Time to go in-home shopping again! I set my fifth Stitch Fix to arrive just a couple days after my birthday as a little gift to myself. That probably wasn't the most responsible thing for me to do but I did it anyway.

Want to see what I got? Of course, you do. Otherwise you wouldn't be here!  As I was editing these pictures, I realized I definitely should have slapped on a bit of lipstick. Hindsight.

Pomelo - Corinna Striped Dolman Top, $48





The fabric on this was soft and comfortable and I liked the color but it is a bit muted heading into the cheery colors of spring I typically gravitate towards. The fit was fine but this is the third dolman sleeve top they've sent me in a row. I kept the first but returned the second. How many dolmans does a girl need? I liked it but I didn't $48 like it.

Verdict: Return



Daniel Rainn - Axis Geo Print Crochet Detail Blouse, $68




I love the graphic print on this one and I don't really have many (if any) black and white pieces so it would fill a void in my wardrobe. The length in the back is really nice. You can't really see it but the detailing at the neck with a metal clasp adds a fun, unexpected feature. I think it'll be good at the office under a cardigan and for wearing out and about with bright crops or shorts.

Verdict: Keep

Leota - Tyra Geo Print Faux Wrap Dress, $158







I love everything about this dress. The color is vibrant. The print is graphic. The fit was flattering. John went nuts for it. I love everything except the price. ONE HUNDRED FIFTY EIGHT DOLLARS!!! I was actually really upset that it cost so much considering my Style Profile has a $50-$100 price range and this far surpassed that. I could not even begin to justify the cost on this one. But, it does make me want to see out this vintage style in a more responsible price point. 

Verdict: Return


Sold Design Lab - Korye Distressed Skinny Jean, $128


OK. White jeans. Distressed white jeans. You can't see it but these $128 dollar jeans come pre-distressed with holes in the knees. There are very few people who can pull off white jeans. I am not one of them. I looked like a whale which is why you are seeing a picture of the jeans and not me in the jeans.

Verdict: RETURN

Zad - Zoe Open Shape Metal Earrings, $32





These earrings are cute and I like how the shape echoed that of the black and white sleeveless blouse. They are lightweight and about 1 1/2" in length. Ultimately, I didn't need another pair of larger gold earrings.

Verdict: Return


....Just one keeper this month which I suppose is okay. I don't really need to spend the money. But, I was supremely disappointed that two of the pieces were well beyond my approved price range. I did schedule another fix for May but I was clear on my form to please stick to the budget.


Do you want to try it out for yourself? For a $20 styling fee, you can receive your first fix of 5 items. If you decide to keep anything, the $20 is subtracted from the purchase price. If you buy all 5 pieces, you get a 25% discount. Pretty neat, right?

If you are feeling like you want to be fancy with your own personal stylist, click this link to get started!

Want to see what I got in my first four fixes?

First Fix
Second Fix
Third Fix
Fourth Fix

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. So strange, but they just shipped me several of these items and they seem to have adjusted the prices down. They billed the dress at $98, which is way less crazy than $158!

    <3 Vicki
    Wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Vicki! That is really weird. Think I'll be emailing Stitch Fix about that one.....

      Delete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!