Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Homemaking!

I have been a lax blogger but I've got a lot going on. My babies are growing! I have 8 little tomatoes sprouting. Check it out. They are going to make some damn fine salsa and bruschetta. I just know it! They still have a ways to go but they're on their way. :)




I also finished my quilt square! I was asked (read: forced) to make a quilt square for an in-law. Now, I love sewing but I've never quilted before so I was a little nervous. I asked to see an example of such a quilt compiled of these squares. It was not what I thought at all. There was little to no actual quilting and a lot of painted squares. Huh? I don't paint. Anyway, I racked my brain about what I could do for a square. As it's a wedding gift (a surprise, don't tell!), I think I came up with a good compromise. I made a square in a traditional quilt pattern using their wedding colors, eggplant and sage. The colors don't come across right in the pic but check out my handiwork! I think it's pretty good for my first attempt at quilting which is much less forgiving in the seams than sewing clothes and placemats. Anyway, I hope they all like it but I worked pretty hard on it. If they don't want to use it, I want it back. I would make a pillow out of it! Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!