Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Look Me in the Eye

I picked up Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's by John Elder Robison a couple weeks ago and just got around to reading it. It's another in my line of some non-fiction lately and it's on a topic I know nothing about. Asperger's is an autism spectrum disorder that many live with, including Robison. He shares his experiences as a child with Asperger's at a time when no one could diagnose this "problem." Until 40, he didn't understand his social dysfunction and sometimes strange behavior. However, Robison overcame this obstacle by becoming a successful sound technician for KISS. This memoir was really interesting. Much like those of his brother, Augusten Burroughs of Running with Scissors and Possible Side Effects fame. It's definitely worth a read if you're looking for a departure from your normal fare as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!