Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, Monday

Goodness me what a Monday! It started out poorly with a crappy night of sleep. Sunday nights are always crappy sleeping. Your mind is still on the weekend but shades of the workweek ahead start seeping in. You have successfully reprogrammed your inner clock from 2 weekend nights of going to sleep past your bedtime and awarding yourself with some much needed NOT 5:30 AM wake up calls. So every Sunday when I see the clock every 15 minutes for more than an hour and wake up multiple times during the night, it’s very irritating. Throw in climate control issues and a dog who insists on sleeping in a pile and you’ve got a recipe for a sleepless night.

Knowing that I had two meetings I wasn’t interested in kind of put a damper on my Monday anyway. To add insult to injury, my June weigh in was nothing to write home about. I was UP! Up from 4 days earlier when I was down. Curses! Even after super summer salad supper too (this is my new plan to have a salad meal one night a week each week this summer. I even made my own dressing!) After a sleepy drive to the office, I finally start my day. Then, at work, I heard a snag rip on my way to get my coffee (still on just one cup a day, thank you very much). I look down and see that my right pant leg hem is ripping out. These are my favorite gray pants so I was more than slightly dismayed. Not having a needle or thread on hand, I paper clipped my hem and went about my day. Later on in the morning, I realize the other side of that pant leg is dragging. The stitching around the bottom of the whole right hem has now ripped out. Another paper clip added and I spend the rest of my day with paper clips holding up my hems. Now I am faced with somewhat of a dilemma. Pay to have the pants fixed. Not sure how much this will cost (probably not much but it’s the principal), and how long it will put them out of my rotation. Or, fix them myself. I don’t have a serger so I can’t sew them up the way they were intended but I think if I purchase grey (I prefer the English spelling) thread, that it will be disguised enough. I will probably take the latter solution as fixing them myself will only cost me about $2.00 and 15 minutes. Plus, I’ve rekindled my sewing kick after finishing a valance for my sister yesterday. Another summer goal of mine is to sew all of those project I have fabric and patterns for. Gee, these summer goals would be much more easily accomplished if I were a teacher, or a student, or someone who didn’t work in the summer. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!