Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Things I Would Rather...

...spend my money on instead of new tires for my car.
  1. Slouchy, large, yellow, pebbled leather bag
  2. New running shoes
  3. A massage
  4. My hair
  5. Jeans
  6. A cruise
I probably shouldn't complain because I'm inching closer and closer to 70,000 miles and they haven't blown out yet. Hope I didn't just jinx myself! I just feel like it's a large expense for something I care nothing about. I understand that I need a car to get to work to buy the other items on my list but really? $500 could buy so many more exciting things other than tires.

You know what irritates me lately? These crazy budgets on HGTV's First Time Home Buyers. Where are these people getting this money? We have been in saving mode (remember my Underwear Challenge? Still none purchased!) since we got married and unfortunately, we just won't be buying these $300K homes. Pfft.

I have decided that since John and I don't currently have any vacations planned, we will take a day trip later this month. I'm trying to keep the drive under 2 hours. I was looking at horse races in Lexington and touring a bourbon distillery. I thought it would be fun and inexpensive. However, I can't tell if there are regular races during the summer at Keeneland. How does one know this? Their calendar online looks blank but certainly horses run in the summer, right? If not, what other day trip suggestions could there be for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!