Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mommywood

I moved up the hold list for Mommywood by Tori Spelling pretty quickly. This was exciting for two reasons: 1) I didn't have to wait a long time, 2) It meant that I got it for 3 weeks instead of just 1 had I gotten it from the express shelf. Turns out, I didn't need 3 weeks, just 3 hours, to read Spelling's sophomore effort. Since Johnny was at the wheel, I read the entire book on the way up to Cleveland this weekend. It was a fast read, obvi. I enjoyed her first memoir sTori Telling so I had pretty decent hopes for this one. There's something I find fascinating about Tori Spelling's life and I'm not sure what it is. I'm a fan of her show on Oxygen but other than that, her acting work has never struck a chord with me. Anyway, Mommywood is comprised of various tales of being a mother in Hollywood (hence the title). Spelling's style is comical and entertaining. You're not going to break a sweat reading this one but it's worth the brief period of time you'll need to devote to it. See for yourself!

P.S. I think (I have to double check) that this is my 22nd book read in 2009! That puts me far ahead of schedule for my 35 book goal. I thought about upping the ante but I don't want to set myself up for failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!