Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Running Request

Dear Inhabitants of the Neighborhood Where I Run,

Please refrain from grilling between the hours of 5:30 and 6:30 pm on the days that I decide it's temperate enough outside for me to run. The delicious aromas wafting from your Webers are mouth-watering. While this may entice some and certainly put smiles on the faces of your diners, I do not care to smell your tantalizing temptations. The burger fragrance interrupts my running groove because from thence forth, I can think only of a big fatty burger or dog, dripping with ketchup on its way to my mouth. This means I'm not concentrating on my breathing, stride length or increasing my times.

I'm sure you can see where this might be slightly off-putting to a jogger. Joggers, by nature, are in the act of attempting physical fitness. Fitness cannot necessarily be achieved by consuming your grilled cuisine, not that you invited me to sup. Furthermore, I cannot use my own grill on my balcony and so it's doubly frustrating to smell but not taste. I beg of you. Just let me and my nose run in peace and nobody gets hurt.

Sincerely,

Famished Fitness Fanatic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!