Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Super Summer Sunday Salad Supper - part deux!

I feel like I've been a lazy blogger, once again. I'm sorry. I just don't feel that I'm terribly exciting as of late so I don't know what to write about. I'll keep trying to find my mojo. I think part of it has to do with these long books I've been reading. Have you noticed I haven't reviewed a book in awhile? It's throwing off my whole system. Anyway - today I am back with another summer salad. This one has a southwestern theme!



I started with spinach and then threw in a whole can (drained and rinsed) of both black beans and corn (hello, fiber!) John seasoned up some chicken with cumin, chili powder and seasoned salt and threw it on the Foreman. Then, I found this light and creamy dressing recipe. Oh yeah I'm all over that. Part of the problem with eating light dressing is that you sometimes miss out on the creamy consistencies. Mix this up for a refreshing and not at all heavy dressing!


Creamy Southwestern Dressing (adapted from Real Simple magazine)

1/3 c. plus 1 Tbsp. light sour cream
2 1/2 - 3 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
pepper to taste

Whisk together and voila!

This was a delicious, healthy and hearty supper salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!