Monday, June 14, 2010

Super Summer Sunday Salad Supper returns!

They're back! Last year, John and I started having salads for supper on Sundays. Usually our meal on Sundays only needs to feed us for one night so it's perfect for a large dinner salad. I think it will help in my weight loss goals too. So, this gorgeous beauty has spinach, grilled chicken, strawberries and bleu cheese. I also made my own dressing!

Sage Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
2-3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3-4 sage leaves, chopped

Pour balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Whisk while streaming in EVOO until it reaches the desired consistency and thickness. You may need more oil depending on your tastes. Stir in sage. Voila! This made enough to cover the whole salad which was probably 4-5 cups of baby spinach.

Stay tuned for next week's salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!