Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yoga for me!

I have been trying to incorporate weekly yoga workouts in the hopes of looking like a celebrity. You know how celebrities always say their fitness secret is yoga? That's what I'm going for. I don't go to a studio to take classes because that costs money and takes lots of time. Time that I don't have with all the driving and whatnot. When I do yoga at home I can start dinner, do yoga, shower and then eat. It's a beautiful thing.

My yoga workouts are On Demand on my TV. This is super convenient because the workouts happen in my living room at a time of my choosing. The part about this that's not so great is that I've done them all many times and unlike the other cardio and strength workouts, the yoga routines aren't rotated as much. So I am super bored with them. The other day....all that changed.

My new yogi Steve Ross is awesome! I met him on the Oxygen channel. He graces my living room with his presence from 6:00 - 7:00 am every weekday. I have taken to DVR-ing them to store up seeing as how I leave for work at 6:30. His practice is intense. Also, he plays really groovy music that isn't yoga-like at all and I totally dig it. Steve is crazy flexible. He has so many poses in his arsenal it's not even funny. A true yogi. There are times when he folds his body in half with his legs all pretzel like and his head on the ground and he does it all with a big smile on his face. I'ts insane!

Today, Steve helped me master the Wheel. If you're unfamiliar with the practice of yoga, it looks like this.


Photo from fitsugar.com


That will help me look like a celebrity, right? I think so. Steve will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!