Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Death of a Garden

My garden is just dreadful. I don't know what happened this summer. The balcony doesn't get full sun but that didn't seem to be a problem last year. I watered religiously but I think our sustained high temps took their toll. In the beginning the heat seemingly caused my tomato plants to thrive. But, in the last few weeks, they're just...well, see for yourself. They went from this:



To this:




Isn't that the saddest plant you've ever seen? Eventually the tiny tomatoes did turn red but they were kind of a marbled, strange red. John tried one because they smelled okay but he quickly spit it out. They burned, he said. Yikes! I didn't get to harvest a single tomato this summer. Not one! I'm crushed. I don't even like tomatoes but I had so many plans for them. My green thumb has turned black. What a sad state of affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!