Monday, August 2, 2010

Super Summer Sunday Salad Supper #7


I am sorry the picture on this is so small because our 7th salad supper was a doozie! Buffalo Chicken Salad. Mmmm mmm! As usual, we started with a bed of leafy spinach. To that, I added chopped up celery and bleu cheese crumbles. I made a simple vinaigrette whisking together red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, EVOO, salt and pepper. Then, the piece de resistance....the buffalo chicken nuggets. Don't worry, they're not fried so it was pretty healthy too. We started by chopping boneless skinless chicken tenderloins into bite sized pieces. Then, John mixed up some buffalo sauce. I don't know the measurements (sorry! I can ask if you want to know) but it included: butter, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Not too mild, not too spicy. Just right!

When the sauce was ready, he tossed the chicken in it. Here comes the best part, he tossed that chicken in Panko bread crumbs (our new fave kitchen item) and baked them for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Delicious little tasty nuggets came out and were tossed in the remaining reserved sauce. Oh mah gah. Mouthwatering. John already said he'll have to make them during football season. (Don't remind me that that's just a month away.)

Toss everything together and voila! Supper Summer Sunday Salad Supper #7 was a raving success. But, since next week is week 8, I'm going to have to get creative. While I've really enjoyed everything we've made thus far, I'm determined not to do any repeats. I'm going to have to put on my thinking cap for this one.

In other Sunday news, my Sunday night TV schedule is bursting at the seams! There are so many good shows on and a few have recently returned that by Monday morning my DVR has been severely overworked. Between Next Food Network Star, Entourage, True Blood, Mad Man (!), My Boys, Khloe & Kourtney Take Miami (no, I'm not ashamed), and Iron Chef (when it's a good ingredient), do you think I watch too much TV? Nah, couldn't be. Some of these shows I get more excited about than others, which I suppose is to be expected. The non-reality ones take precedence when it comes time to watch them on Monday. Always Mad Men and True Blood first. Always. I.Love.Television.

1 comment:

  1. Salad looks good! Ugh, I hear you about football starting again soon....also, I love Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami! :) Congrats, again, on becoming an AUNT!! :) Can't wait to see pics of the cutie!
    -C

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!