Monday, August 9, 2010

Super Summer Sunday Salad Supper


I didn't think it could be done after 7 weeks but this, the 8th Super Summer Sunday Salad Supper....C'est magnifique! I was really having trouble coming up with a theme for the salad this week. It being summer and all, I wanted to take advantage of the fruits of the season. Thus, the Tutti Frutti Chicken Salad! Yep, it's just like it sounds. To a bed of spinach I added: blueberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges and grilled chicken. I didn't even miss the cheese (and I LOVE cheese). I took a little help from the store with a fat free Poppyseed dressing from Maple Grove Farms. Poppyseeds are expensive and I really didn't feel like making my own. This dressing paired perfectly with the sweetness of the fruit by adding just a little tang.

This salad is a keeper for sure! My goal is to try to do these all the way up until the cruise (which is in just 27 days!!!) So, I have 3 more themes to come up with. Actually, only 2 because I've already thought of next Sunday's theme. Although, the last Sunday we're hosting out of town guests. I wonder if I can convince them to partake. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!