Thursday, July 28, 2011

From Dead to Worse

I'm super excited that True Blood is back on HBO but it deviates from the book series a lot. I have trouble keeping both straight and then I really confuse myself. As I'm watching I think out loud, "Wait, I thought she got killed?" Then I remember that was the book and not the show. No matter. I like them both.


From Dead to Worse is the next book ( I lost count which one for me) in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. If you're keeping track, this book has nothing to do with anything that's happened in True Blood this far so don't worry about spoiling anything. Anyway, Sookie is back home from the deadly vampire summit where she has since not heard from her boyfriend Quinn, a weretiger. She is concerned for his well-being but also quite perturbed that he disappeared on her. Her witch friend Amelia is still living with her. Amelia has problems of her own when a witch higher-up contacts her about what she's done to Bob, human-turned-car.




The remaining vampires also find themselves in a bit of a quandary without a queen. Sophie-Anne eventually succumbed to her wounds from the summit. They must pledge their vamp allegiance to the King of Nevada and are apprehensive about what might come from that. Sookie's relationship with her great grandfather moves forward, albeit slowly. Eventually, Quinn resurfaces and we learn why he's been avoiding Sookie. Of course, this doesn't come without its own set of danger-creating consequences either.



This one was okay. Not the best, not the worst. But, I'm still looking forward to moving along in the series. I'm not sure how many books I have left but it's at least a few. Happy reading!





Rating: * * 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!