Sunday, July 31, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #30

Watermelon Martini: Summer, how I love you so. You provide so many fresh fruit and vegetable dishes. Not much beats fresh fruit in the summertime. I could eat it all day. I even mix it in my martini. If you've had a watermelon-tini out at a restaurant, it probably tasted syrupy sweet. This used to be totally fine with me, until Art Smith changed it all. You would not believe how fresh this drink tastes, and how easy it was to blend up. I didn't have lemon vodka so I used plain vodka and then squeezed in some lemon juice. The only problem with this drink is that it goes down so smooth. Vodka is the only liquor that can give me a terrible headache. This may be a problem.

Summer Melon Thyme Sipper http://www.erinsfoodfiles.com/2011/07/summer-melon-thyme-sipper.html: I am generally not a fan of whiskey but I thought I could get behind a drink that might mask the flavor of whiskey. I should have known, nothing masks the flavor of whiskey. Unless you like the stuff to begin with, skip this one.

Balsamic Glazed Chicken: I was cooking my books with this entree. It comes from Rachael Ray's 365, No Repeats cookbook. I looked high and low and didn't find this printed anywhere online. Because I don't feel like re-typing, if you want it I'll send it to you. Just ask. This was decent but it had quite a few ingredients and a lot of steps for an evening when my sous chef and I were trying to squeeze in cooking around working out, showering and laundery. The ingredient part actually wasn't a problem since it's garden season but you'd have to buy a lot of fresh herbs. I really like her Orange Balsamic glazed chicken better which is readily available on her website. Try that one instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!