Monday, April 9, 2012

But, I don't feel any older.......



Last Saturday, I turned 29. This was my last twenties birthday. I thought I was okay with it but I'm not. I guess I'll try not to focus on my years slipping by and just enjoy them instead. That's a better plan, right? Right. I declared multiple times it was the first time I was turning 29, not the last.

I got some lovely gifts from lovely people.


Grey TOMS







Michael Kors Tortoise & Horn Watch



Plus, workout clothes, spa day (Eeeee!!!!), new baking sheets, gift cards, especially to my guilty pleasure, JoAnn's and more! I celebrated with friends and family and CAKE! It was a great birthday that lasted an entire week.

I read a timely article about free birthday perks from restaurants. Thus commenced a flurry of filling out my email address on various websites and then watching the flood of free entrees, appetizers and dessert emails flow in. It was glorious! I highly recommend that you do this. Actually, I recommend you sign up the month before your birthday as they typically give you a coupon for something just for signing up, and THEN you get a bigger perk to use during your birth month. So, John and I will be eating free for the next 30 days! I signed up with:

Bravo

Brio

Cold Stone Creamery

Melting Pot

Sephora - no free meal but I did get free Sugar lip gloss that is wonderful!

So, if your big day is coming up, or even if it's not, get on the free things train. Whoo whooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!