Sunday, April 29, 2012

Recipe Reblog #13

I'm back in the kitchen with two new recipes this week after taking a week off. I didn't take a week off cooking, just off trying new stuff. So, here goes!

Apple Cider Vinegar Broccoli Slaw: We had this alongside fish tacos. The link gives you a fish taco recipe too but I used my old standby. This slaw was a nice complement to the tacos. It had a bright flavor to it and I had all the ingredients on hand, which I love, as you know. I will say, the flavors on this do not need to marry. Make it right before eating. I had some leftovers the next day and I didn't think it was quite as good. Still, a nice alternative to your regular old slaw.

Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken: I love a good crockpot meal. My sister sent this my way. It is super simple and delicious! I served it over brown rice. I did add red and green peppers to pump up the non-existent veggie quotient. I will also say you probably don't need to use an entire bottle of BBQ sauce. Hold back at least a third to half cup to save some calories. It will not suffer. Also, I didn't use the special Target sauce they recommended because I wasn't going to Target. We picked a sweet, brown sugar sauce and it was fine. Give this one a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!