Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beer Me: Baba & Nugget

Sorry about the boozy week here at Ashley Sees, Ashley Does. Full disclosure, the martini I posted yesterday and both of these beers were consumed in previous weeks. I only just now got around to telling you about them. Back to our regularly scheduled programming next week!


This is Baba Black Lager from Uinta Brewing Co. out of Salt Lake City. I had never had anything from them before because they just recently started distributing in Ohio. Mostly, I bought this bottle because of the cute name.

From their site: "Robust and smooth, this full-flavored lager is exceptionally drinkable and pitch black in color."

Yep, that pretty much covers it. Only a 32 on the bitterness scale and while I don't have much of a frame of reference for comparison on black lagers, I liked this one for its ease of drinkability. Plus, a clever name wins every day in my book. I think I paid $2.09 for one bottle. I believe the 6 packs are around $10.99.

Source



I've been waiting since last year for this one! Nugget Nectar from Troeg's Brewing Company is about the only bitter beer I can stand at 93 IBU's.

From the site: "Squeeze those hops for all they’re worth and prepare to pucker up! Nugget Nectar Ale will take hopheads to nirvana with a heady collection of Nugget, Warrior and Tomahawk hops. Starting with the same base ingredients of our flagship HopBack Amber Ale, Nugget Nectar intensifies the malt and hop flavors to create an explosive hop experience."

I still liked this one but it's better on draught which is how I first came across it. This is their February/March 

seasonal release. It is hoppy though, to be sure. But, even if you don't like a super hopped beer, you might still like this. Higher price point, not surprisingly. One bottle was $2.79, I think. 

Happy almost weekend to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!