Sunday, March 10, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Gorgonzola Popovers

I printed this recipe from Williams-Sonoma's website several years ago. It was literally one of the very first recipes in the "to be made" pocket of my recipe binder. Recently, I cleaned out said pocket and pitched the recipes I knew I would never make. Luckily, this one made the cut. Wonder of wonders, I happened to have some gorgonzola on hand so I baked these up on a whim to accompany Sunday dinner.

Gorgonzola Popovers: The link is to How Sweet Eats because I can't find the recipe on W-S anymore. You likely have all ingredients on hand as long as you have the cheese. Popovers can be finicky. You can't open the oven. You're supposed to use room temperature eggs and milk. You're looking for the perfect golden brown POP. These are made in a mini muffin tin and I cut the recipe in half. I didn't let my dairy come to room temp (who has time for that) so I don't know if that made a difference or not. Regardless, these babies were gooooooooood. Like, holy yum, good. The cheese adds a delightful saltiness to the popover dough. I didn't have fresh parsley but dried sufficed. I followed the heating directions exactly and did not open the oven like a good little chef. If you're a smelly blue cheese fan, you will DIE for these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!