Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon came out to much acclaim and popularity back in 2004 but I had never read it. Must have been too busy hitting the text books because I was still in college.

Source

Good Reads' Synopsis: "Christopher John Francis Boone knows all the countries of the world and their capitals and every prime number up to 7,057. He relates well to animals but has no understanding of human emotions. He cannot stand to be touched. And he detests the color yellow.
This improbable story of Christopher's quest to investigate the suspicious death of a neighborhood dog makes for one of the most captivating, unusual, and widely heralded novels in recent years."
What I Thought: There were parts of this that I really enjoyed and others that I skimmed through very quickly. I was endeared to Christopher's character and plight as a teenage boy with Asperger's (although Haddon never comes out and says that directly). However, there were lots of tangents and detailed descriptions that lost my attention. It was a relatively quick read but there are much better options out there.

Rating: * *













No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!