Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Beer Me: Blueberry

I recently tried two different blueberry beers that I must share with you. Blueberry and beer not a natural pairing, you say? Well, I would have said so too but I'm always looking for something new and different in my glass so here they are!



This is Bumbleberry, a Honey Blueberry Ale from Fat Head's Brewery. Up until now I was unfamiliar with them but I am a new fan! They are located in Ohio about 20 minutes from my hometown. How I didn't know they existed up there, I don't know. But, I am for sure making a visit there...possibly this coming weekend!

From the site: "Brewed with fresh harvested spring honey stolen from some very angry bees (we have the welts to prove it) and infused with fresh blueberries. Creating a light, refreshing ale with a nice blueberry aroma, crackery malt flavors, a hint of sweetness and a refreshing blueberry finish. Get yo buzz on!"

I thought this was great and super refreshing, like they claimed it to be. Not overpowering on the blueberry but you must like blueberry to enjoy this beer because the flavor is definitely there. Only a 13 on the bitterness scale and 5.3% ABV makes for a good summertime brew. I hope it's a year rounder so I can enjoy one on the patio in June! Give this a try. $10.99/6 pack.


Source

The other is the Blueberry Lager from Rivertown Brewing Co. I only had a sample of this at the store so that's not my picture above but I would definitely look at buying it in the future.

From the site: "this light, crisp clean lager beer is brewed with fresh blueberry aroma and flavor."

Short on words but big on taste. I liked this a lot more than I expected to. I tried it a few weeks before the Fat Head's one. Good blueberry flavor and smooth drinking at 5.3 % as well. Blueberry Lager is one of their year-round offerings so hopefully it'll still be readily available as spring actually springs.

Maybe these blueberry beers are the cure for my winter blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!