Thursday, January 30, 2014

Beer Me: Dubious



I don't believe I've ever had anything by North Peak Brewing Co. before but this will not be my last. We were looking for something to add to our Stout/Porter Beer Night last weekend and came across this little gem from Traverse City, Michigan.

This is Dubious, a black chocolate stout.

From their Site: " Dubious is a Dark Chocolate Stout that has the perfect combination of chocolate roast and black malts resulting in a smooth, rich beer. A swirl of aroma, flavor and body is underscored by the rich chocolate that is added at the end of the boil."


Only 50 IBU's  and 5.3 ABV on this one and it was just what I like to see in a stout. Heavy on the chocolate flavor and the perfect hint of smokiness with the black chocolate. If you are a stout fan, you'll like this one. Liquid candy bar in a bottle.

You can't really tell from the filter I used but the label is pink and that made me smile.

Not cheap. $12.99 for the 6 pack. Try to find a single if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!