Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Books on Screen

Are you people hip to Buzzfeed? It's a community based website in which people post lists about all sorts of things. I have the app on my phone and I'm obsessed with it. Lists like "Things 30 Year Olds Say" or "Foods from your Childhood" are always very entertaining and spot on. I was so pleased to see this list last week:


I've already read half the list so I'm super stoked to see them turned into films even if the movie is never as good as the book. (Actual Scientific Fact) I'm also always looking for reading suggestions so I think I found some of my next reads. I'm excited about all of the ones I read: Divergent, Maze Runner, Dark Places, Gone Girl, The Giver (I read this when I was 12!), Wild, The Fault in Our Stars, Unbroken. I would link back to all my reviews but that takes time, yo, and I'm lazy. As good as I think Divergent will be, I am really most excited for Unbroken because I didn't know they were making it into a movie until I read this list. That was a GREAT read and if you haven't read it, please pick it up! It's a biography about a WWII POW who had also been an Olympian. Really good! I know I can get John to see that one with me. Some of the others....not so much.

And just because I died when I read these:


If you were a fan of the Babysitter's Club series by Ann M. Martin, you MUST read this list. My sister sent it to me and I couldn't stop laughing. If you were growing up in the early 90's, you really wanted to be a member of the club. Don't even try to deny it.


P.S. Two weeks. No coffee. Take that, nay-sayers.

1 comment:

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!