Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Books Read in 2013

I didn't really have any reading goals last year and I think that showed in some of the choices and my total numbers. I used my Kindle a lot (obviously) and was sort of at the mercy of what was available through there. Eventually, I made it back to the library because I was craving the tactile aspect of reading. For the last half of the year, I read both electronically and physically. While I love the ease of a Kindle, I'll never be able to give up books all together.

 1) The Twelve, Justin Cronin - * * * *
 2) Becoming Sister Wives, The Brown Family - * * 1/2
 3) Sweet Tooth, Ian McEwan - * *
 4) I Am The Messenger, Markus Zusak - * * * 1/2
 5) Paris, My Sweet, Amy Thomas - * * * 1/2
 6) Unbroken, Laura Hillenbrand - * * * *
 7) MWF seeking BFF, Rachel Bertsche - * * * 1/2
 8) It's All Relative, Wade Rouse - * * 1/2
 9) Thunder Dog, Michael Hingson - * * *
10) The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-time, Mark Haddon - * *
11) Miss Peregine's Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs - * * *1/2
12) Sharp Objects, Gillian Flynn - * * * 1/2
13) A Town Like Paris, Bryce Corbett - * * 1/2
14) The Descendants, Kaui Hart Hemmings - * * * *
15) Big Brother, Lionel Shriver - * *
16) Dad is Fat, Jim Gaffigan - * * * *
17) The Fault in Our Stars, John Green - * * * 1/2
18) Divergent, Veronica Roth - * * * *
19) Inferno, Dan Brown - * * 1/2
20) Insurgent, Veronica Roth - * * * *
21) The Aviator's Wife, Melanie Benjamin - * * * 1/2
22) Sisterland, Curtis Sittenfeld, * *
23) Let's Explore Diabetes With Owl, David Sedaris - * * * 1/2
24) The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot - * * * *
25) Murder in Belleville, Cara Black - * * 1/2
26) Dark Places, Gillian Flynn - * * *
27) Bad Monkey, Carl Hiaasen - * * 1/2
28) The Walking Dead: The Rise of the Governor, Robert Kirkman & Jay Bonansinga - * * *
29) Allegiant, Veronica Roth - * * 1/2
30) World's Strongest Librarian, Josh Hanagarne - * * *
31) The Wolf on Wall Street, Jordan Belfort - * *

Only 31 books but 31 more than if I hadn't read any, right? I need to do more reading this year. More quality reading. A degree in English means I should probably challenge myself more in the literary world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!