Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Blogilates

We are over halfway through January. If you made a resolution to lose weight and get healthy, how are you doing? Could you use a little more motivation to keep you on track?

I want to share with you something I've been using for the last couple months.

It's a workout website called Blogilates hosted by Cassey Ho.

Through YouTube and on her site, she provides short pilates workouts that are fun and effective. You can also get a monthly workout calendar so you know which videos and how many to do each day working a different muscle group. By doing the suggested videos each day, you end up working out for about an hour. My strength training hasn't been going great lately and while there are no weights involved in pilates, I've been gaining muscle and toning up places that you can't always hit with heavy lifting.

If you subscribe to her YouTube channel, you can find all the videos in one place. You can even watch them through her app on your phone. This is the only app I have ever spent money on because I think buying apps is ridiculous. However, this one is worth it!

I will admit, her voice can be a bit grating at times and after every set of moves she yells "woooo" like it was the hardest thing in the world. Sometimes the videos are extra cheesy too. But once you get past that you're good to go! She's always positive and gives good tips too. If you've never tried pilates, she also has good beginner videos that explain everything really well. There are recipes and other HIIT cardio workout routines on there too. That stands for 'high intensity interval training' and it's the best calorie burner out there.

I started using Blogilates in November and measured myself at that time. Only 3 weeks later, my measurements were down in all areas. Of course, I'm still running 3 days a week as well but I know the pilates is helping my arms, back and core. And all you need is a mat. If you don't have a mat, I'm sure you could just do it on the ground or use a towel. Everyone owns a towel, right? If not, we have bigger problems than losing weight.

If you're looking to tone up and add muscle, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!