Sunday, January 26, 2014

Recipe Reblog: No Bake Nutella Cheesecake

Mmmmm, nutella. If you've never had it before, you are really missing out and need to get to the store right now. Take your spoon. They will not care if you crack open the jar right in the aisle to test out this yummy goodness. I've loved nutella for a long time but now it will forever remind me of the deliciously warm nutella crepes John and I enjoyed in the rain outside of Notre Dame in Paris last May. All the other tourists in line were sure jealous of us. That was some oozy amazingness.

No Bake Nutella Cheesecake: This recipe, from My Baking Addiction, fit the bill when I was looking for something to serve at a Stout/Porter beer night (last night - more on that later in the week). I wanted something lighter in texture but heavier on flavor to pair with the beers. Because we had indulged in other not so healthy items earlier in the meal, I also wanted a recipe I could easily lighten up. I swapped in fat free cream cheese and cool whip on this one to lower the calorie count. I did use full fat Oreos and Nutella though. Nutella doesn't mess around with reduced fat nonsense. These mixed up quickly and looked extra cute in my mini trifle bowls. John and I tasted some leftovers ahead of time and it was exactly what I was going for. A rich but light dessert.

I can't tell you what our guests thought because I'm writing these prior to them coming over. I'm sure they'll love it like we did though. I hope.

Last week of January. I wish that meant winter was ending......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!